There will be more details and updates as we get closer to the startup date which is now expected to be Friday, February 17, 2023 7:30 – 10:00 pm.
We know that some people are interested in returning to perform and some people are interested in returning to listen and see the rest of the gang. We also have some volunteers who are willing to return to organize and produce the Open Stage events.
Right now it looks like we won’t be changing much from the way we did things in 2019 except that we won’t plan to have a featured act until we have tried the Open Stage out for the first season. We are concerned that, like every other event or service in the community, we will lose volunteers with little or no advance notice because of health issues. The people that are essential and hardest to recruit are those with ability to organize, move equipment to and from the Community Center and actually set-up and produce the event. If that sort of thing sounds good to you please contact us and we can discuss how that can happen.
A few things that we are expecting are:
- Anything can change between now and February 17, 2023;
- We will set up tables and chairs, stage with sound and lights and coffee bar just like before;
- Masks will not be mandatory, but encouraged;
- Performers will use removable pop filters (windscreens) which they will obtain, install, remove and keep for the next time. We intend to make a bulk purchase which we will make available. More details will be provided;
- Anyone arriving at the Community Centre who has been recently exposed to or has symptoms of COVID, Flu, RSV or other contagious illness is directed to stay away; and
- It will be very satisfying to welcome many of our experienced and first-time performers and audience members.
We will also update our Facebook group and email list.Read More