BLACK WALNUT ACOUSTIC OPEN STAGE September 9, 2017
The Black Walnut Acoustic Open Stage is a safe and welcoming public event for musicians of all skill levels to have an opportunity to perform before an attentive and respectful audience. We are committed to ensuring that all attendees experience an event that promotes enjoyment, community, safety, diversity and acceptance. We neither condone nor tolerate behaviour that undermines the dignity or self-esteem of any individual, nor creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive environment.
In order to ensure that all visitors feel safe and welcome, we ask that everyone observe the following code of conduct.
- Attendees must treat everyone with respect regardless of gender, ability, age, socioeconomic status, religion, language, political affiliation, ethnic origin, appearance, gender identity or sexuality. Attendees must also refrain from discriminatory speech or conduct of any kind.
- Attendees must acknowledge the worth of every contribution by making every effort to listen attentively to each performer and keep respectfully quiet so as not to disturb the other patrons.
- Attendees must support the Black Walnut Acoustic Open Stage and the Cedar Hills Community Group by paying the nominal entry fee and displaying the entry stamp upon request to members of the Black Walnut organizing committee.
- We do take photos during performances for our website. Because this is a public event we do not have control over participants taking photos. Nobody has permission to take and publish photos and videos without the permission of the people in the photos and videos.
- Attendees must also adhere to the rules of conduct set out by the Mill-Courtland Community Centre.